AlphaSights is the global leader in knowledge on-demand. We connect investment and business leaders with a dynamic network of industry professionals whose informed perspectives help our clients make superior investment and business decisions. With 1200+ employees and nine offices across the US, Europe, Middle East, and Asia, AlphaSights regularly ranks as one of the fastest-growing companies in the world. Learn more at alphasights.com.
The Senior IT Support role:
AlphaSights is looking for a proactive and driven individual to join the Technical Operations team. We are a digital business in which continuous uptime and smooth IT experience is central to our success. The role of the Senior IT Support Engineer therefore represents a visible and valued opportunity for the right candidate to have an immediate impact in the NY office.
From day one, you will be given areas of responsibility and be expected to manage your own time. You must maintain a positive, problem-solving mindset, and approach your work and the company's IT environments with a real sense of ownership. You also need to be proactive, creative, and enjoy interacting with other people. We expect you to always be looking for ways to improve your work while at the same time being committed to helping the wider team succeed.
The Technical Operations team is a fast-growing, motivated group, which allows for a high growth potential and opportunities to distinguish oneself. We are looking for a team member who is a strong generalist and now craves the opportunity to also focus on managing critical infrastructure. They will be keen to develop a wide range of skills and knowledge, while also bringing valuable industry experience and perspectives to bear on our department as we continue to evolve. A successful hire in this position will represent an effective coach and role model within the team; taking leadership to build natural and efficient processes, working on cutting edge modern tech and tools, and working with the Global Team to build IT products from the ground up.
- Troubleshoot and resolve complex issues with critical infrastructure managed by the team.
- Serve as an escalation point for complex support issues
- Design and implement projects to improve our systems and processes, such as:
- Endpoint management, tracking, and security
- SaaS administration
- IT operations automation
- Network infrastructure and associated security
- Assist in office relocations, expansions, and densifications in home office and remote locations
- Manage relationships with third party vendors
- Maintain the company's IT hardware asset register, monitoring and ordering stock
- Support both our proprietary and third party software applications
- Collaborate with global colleagues to ensure that all transferees, visitors, and new joiners integrate seamlessly
- Maintain and contribute to an internal knowledge base of technical documentation and SOPs
- Lead trainings for employees as part of onboarding and continued technology education
- 4+ years of relevant experience in similar roles (IT Support Engineer / helpdesk in a corporate environment, Apple Genius)
- Excellent understanding of Apple hardware and macOS/iOS
- Excellent understanding of networking fundamentals, experience with Cisco Meraki stack preferred (CMNO, CCNA, or equivalent certification)
- Experience in Google Workspace and Google Cloud admin, familiar with managing domains, security/OAuth, GAM, SCIM Automation, etc…
- Excellent knowledge of endpoint management strategies with experience using different MDM solutions (e.g. Addigy, Jamf)
It would be great if you also had:
- Understood the basic principles of cyber security
- Used tools such as Grafana, ELK, Datadog, Datadog, Pagerduty to help with observability.
- You were comfortable with SAML/SSO integration of SaaS applications
- Any certifications in Cisco, Google, ITIL (or equivalent).
Attributes we're looking for:
- Excellent track record of successful service delivery
- Results-oriented, user-focused mindset
- Excellent communication skills
- Naturally positive attitude, with the ability to maintain patience and composure under pressure
- Positive, team-oriented mindset, with a natural willingness to always go the extra mile
- Evidenced problem-solving skills, comfortable navigating ambiguity
- Thrives in a results-oriented, fast-paced environment
Please note this is mainly an office based role with possible travel when required for offsite event support
AlphaSights is an equal opportunity employer.