Language Operations Manager, North America
AlphaSights was born with a purpose: to unlock human knowledge and power progress. From our state-of-the-art offices in nine major world cities, we connect business leaders seeking knowledge with the experts who possess it. We’re one of the fastest-growing global companies, employing 1500+ colleagues of 60+ nationalities.
What we do
We operate at the heart of the global knowledge economy, providing a suite of knowledge-on-demand services to investment funds, consultancies, Fortune 500 companies, and nonprofits. Our clients use our services when evaluating critical investment and business decisions. We connect them with industry experts who possess specific knowledge that is otherwise unavailable to them.
We’re a fast-paced, client-driven service organization. We respond to client inquiries within minutes and deliver within hours. When deadlines are tight, and when robust insight is “make or break”, our clients count on us.
As a Language Operations Manager, North America, you will own our language services in the region. Your primary responsibility will be to manage the transcription, translation, and interpretation needs of the organization specifically in North America, supporting our New York and San Francisco client services teams’ commercial initializes for language services and will be their main point of contact for any questions related to our services.
You will be expected to both solve key problems and challenges as well as seize major opportunities for improvement and enhancement of the firm’s language service offerings. You will also have the opportunity to work with and build strategic relationships with internal partner functions including Content, Product, and Marketing to help you. Your responsibilities will include but will not be limited to:
- Improving and expanding AlphaSights’ language service operations and workflows globally and in North America specifically
- Managing, troubleshooting, and streamlining the daily transcription, translation, and interpretation requests the team handles
- Building effective and trusted relationships with our community of language professionals and vendor partners
- Serving as the trusted, internal go-to point of contact for members of our Client Services Team
- Contributing to the commercial growth of language services in the region
What We Look For
- A proven track record of managing transcription and/or translation workflow and production
- A minimum of 3 years of experience as a full-time Project Manager/Production Manager/Operations Manager role within a transcription company or an LSP
- Must have excellent operational, project management, and problem-solving skills
- Passionate about working with globally dispersed teams and handling various working styles
- Entrepreneurial, growth mindset, sees expanding services in the region as an exciting opportunity
Compensation and benefits
- $90,000 – $95,000 fixed annual base salary, plus opportunity to earn performance-based bonus
- Subsidized lunch, complimentary breakfast & snacks
- Corporate gym rates
- MacBook Pro for work
- 20 vacation days, 10 company holidays & business closure during the winter holiday week
- Coverage for up to 90% of your medical premiums and 75% of your dental and vision insurance premiums
- 401(k) match – 4% of your total compensation matched dollar-for-dollar
- Optional WFH on Friday plus an additional four WFH days every three months.
AlphaSights is an equal opportunity employer. Read more about our commitment to DEI here.