AlphaSights is the global leader in knowledge on-demand. We connect investment and business leaders with a dynamic network of industry professionals whose informed perspectives help our clients make superior investment and business decisions. With 1200+ employees and nine offices across the US, Europe, Middle East, and Asia, AlphaSights regularly ranks as one of the fastest-growing companies in the world. Learn more at alphasights.com.
Finance at AlphaSights is an expanding, global function responsible for planning, accounting, controlling and, ultimately, enabling our fast-paced and high-growth business. From the moment you join us, you’ll have significant autonomy and personal responsibility, and receive training and professional development opportunities to help you excel in your role and beyond.
The FP&A Analyst role
As the company continues to scale, AlphaSights is building a dedicated FP&A function to further professionalise its Finance setup and to improve the collaboration between Finance and the company’s business units.
FP&A plays a key business advisory role supporting decision making at a senior level and in highlighting key financial issues and risks, as well as opportunities for improvement. FP&A’s responsibilities are financial support for the strategic plan, budgeting and forecasting, management reporting, and control of the P&L and cash flow, as well as scenario analysis and risk management support, project reporting and investment appraisal.
This role will report directly to the Group’s Director of FP&A.
As an FP&A Associate with AlphaSights, you will:
- Take responsibility for parts of the annual business plan as well as regular forecasts and management reporting against the plan
- Deliver insight and analysis which helps the business to achieve strategic goals
- Implement improved processes, systems, and analytical tools to improve the quality of forecasts, budget, and financial analysis
- Support performance pay management and analysis of performance pay systems
- Develop and implement KPIs and metrics that support the business strategy and support the ongoing performance reviews between Finance and senior management
- Drive scenario modelling and planning to support business strategies and targets and manage capex forecasting
- Support key projects within the broader finance function
What We Look For
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent, with strong academic credentials
- Previous work experience in FP&A (preferred) or transaction services, strategy consulting, M&A.
- Extensive modelling, financial analysis, and budgeting experience
- Excellent analytical skills with an ability to think independently and draw conclusions
- Experience building detailed models and forecasts in a complex environment
- Full or partial accounting or management accounting qualification is a plus.
- Comfortable extracting and combining data from a variety of systems
- Comfortable working with multiple stakeholders on all levels of the organisation
- Able to consistently organise own workload and projects
- A team player who can work with stakeholders in other functions to achieve objectives
What You Can Expect
- A fast-paced environment with measurable deliverables and a focus on results
- The opportunity to expand your Finance skills and to develop your Finance career with comprehensive support from our Professional Development Team
- A team-oriented, strongly supportive culture emphasizing transparency, continuous feedback, professional development, and celebrating wins
- A professional development team that works to ensure that you’re supported and on a clear career trajectory both within our firm and beyond
- Comprehensive medical benefits (health, vision, and dental)
- Subsidised lunch program, corporate gym discounts, monthly team events, free breakfast & snacks
Following an initial screening of your application, you will be required to complete a quantitative assessment.
AlphaSights is an equal opportunity employer.