Client Service Placement
Start date: September 2023
Duration: 9-12 months
Interview process: Online application followed by three interviews
Do you want to work with some of the world's top investment funds, consultancies, Fortune 500 corporations and nonprofits, while developing invaluable skills in client project delivery?
If so, our client service placement program could be for you.
AlphaSights was born with a purpose: to unlock human knowledge and power success. From our state-of-the-art offices in nine major world cities, we connect business leaders seeking knowledge with the experts who possess it. We’re one of the fastest-growing global companies, employing 1500+ colleagues from 60+ nationalities.
Placement program overview
You'll work within our client service to deliver a suite of knowledge on-demand services that will help our clients make critical investment and business decisions. You’ll be the connection point between our clients and industry knowledge that is otherwise unavailable to them.
In doing so, you’ll develop skills in sales & negotiation, project delivery, teamwork, relationship building, time management and professional communication. You’ll learn how to act within minutes and deliver within hours.
On placement with us, you’ll experience the same training and onboarding that our permanent hires do, going through our New Joiner Academy to equip you with all the learning and developmental resources that you’ll need to set yourself up for success from day one.
You’ll be paired with a mentor, have access to senior leaders within the business, rotate across different teams within our client service, and be tasked with a commercial deliverable for our Region Head and one of our co-founders in our London office.
You’ll experience the business like no other.
If successful on your placement, you’ll be invited back to join us on a permanent basis on our graduate program within our client service team beginning summertime 2025.
Compensation and benefits
- £23,000 annual base salary plus commission based on performance
- Comprehensive private health insurance coverage through Vitality and dental insurance through Bupa
- 25 annual vacation days (16 days for a 9 month placement)
- Optional WFH on Friday plus an additional four WFH days every three months.
Perks: Subsidized lunch, complimentary breakfast & snacks, corporate gym rates, iPhone and MacBook Pro for work
- Understand client needs and the available expert pool for the project
- Source and engage experts using our internal database and external digital directories
- Match client briefs with the most relevant experts and appropriate interaction formats
- Schedule and manage all client-to-expert interactions
- Deliver an excellent client experience through fast, accurate recommendations and proactive follow-ups with them
- Currently studying a Bachelor's degree with strong academic credentials and noteworthy extracurricular activities
- Currently in your penultimate year of studies, due to graduate in summer 2025 and looking to undertake a placement beginning September 2023
- Alignment with our five core values: results orientation, drive, adaptability, humility and empathy. Read more about our values here.
- No prior work experience is necessary, but relevant internships and other evidence of interest in business and a commercial career is desirable
- Fluency in English is essential. Fluency in German, French, Spanish, Swedish or Italian would be extremely beneficial and useful.
We are unfortunately unable to sponsor visas for this placement.
AlphaSights is an equal opportunity employer. Read more about our commitment to DEI here.