Start date: January 2023/ Immediate start
AlphaSights was born with a purpose: to unlock human knowledge and power success. From our state-of-the-art offices in nine major world cities, we connect business leaders seeking knowledge with the experts who possess it. We’re one of the fastest-growing global companies, employing 1500+ colleagues of 60+ nationalities.
What we do
We operate at the heart of the global knowledge economy, providing a suite of knowledge-on-demand services to investment funds, consultancies, Fortune 500 companies and nonprofits. Our clients use our services when evaluating critical investment and business decisions. We connect them with industry experts who possess specific knowledge that is otherwise unavailable to them.
We’re a fast-paced, client-driven service organization. We respond to client inquiries within minutes and deliver within hours. When deadlines are tight, and when robust insight is make or break, our clients count on us.
As a Business Intelligence Analyst in AlphaSights’ Strategy & Analytics team you will play a key role in enabling senior leadership make better-informed data-driven decisions that further the growth of their business unit/region. The Business Intelligence tools and reporting you build, will provide leaders with easy access to accurate and structured commercial and operating data, in real-time. You will be based in London, but will work with employees from across the organisation (both regionally and functionally) to execute on analytics projects.
This is an excellent opportunity for motivated and hardworking professionals, who want to develop highly transferrable skills in data analysis, business acumen and critical thinking, and learn from colleagues with backgrounds in management consultancy and data analytics.
What you’ll do:
- Dashboard development: Extract data from our proprietary systems, partner effectively with Engineering to establish connections between this data and our third-party BI tools, and build clean dashboards that enable senior leaders to easily access and visualise the data
- Go-to-market: Support seamless dashboard releases, including coordination of necessary documentation and training for impacted users
- Executive communication: Present new dashboard releases / updates and general enhancements made to the BI product, to senior leaders across all business functions, many of whom use these reports on a daily basis to affect change within their segments
- User feedback: Collate structured feedback from power users on a regular basis and share with the team to help inform the future BI roadmap (i.e., new dashboard designs, upgrades to data visualisations, updates to back-end data for new metrics etc.)
- BI maintenance: Take ownership of existing dashboards and reports which support the smooth commercial and operational running of the business; identify new and improved ways to showcase management information in a scalable manner
Who you are:
- This is an entry-level role and so no prior work experience is necessary. However, relevant internships and evidence of interest / experience working with data or in a business analyst role is desirable
- Excellent analytical and quantitative skills – you love working with data, enjoy technical challenges and have an innate desire to complete data tasks, no matter how complex; also evidenced by holding a 2:1 or above in a quantitative degree (e.g., Engineering, Maths, Statistics, Computer Science, Finance)
- Great problem solver – you have an aptitude for solving complex and unstructured problems
- Highly driven and proactive – you have excellent planning and organisational skills, can meet tight deadlines and prioritise workloads in a fast-paced environment
- Want to create impact – you care about solving users needs and providing senior leaders with actionable data insights that propel the growth of AlphaSights
- Effective communicator – you have excellent written, verbal, presentation and interpersonal skills, including an ability to communicate complex concepts clearly and concisely with technical and non-technical teams
- Meticulous – you hold yourself to high standards and have an obsessive attention to detail
- Mastery of Excel
- Proficiency in SQL is a strong plus
- Experience with multiple BI reporting mediums (Tableau, Periscope) is a strong plus
- Must pass a quantitative based test for application to be progressed